City of Baltimore Development Corporation – Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager
- City of Baltimore
- Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing & External Relations
- Salary: $65,000 to $73,000
- Filing Deadline: open until filled
City of Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC) Position Title: Marketing Manager Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing & External Relations Salary: $65,000 to $73,000 The Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC) is the economic development agency for the City of Baltimore. Our mission is to grow the city’s economy in an inclusive manner by retaining, expanding and attracting businesses and promoting investment, thereby increasing career opportunities for residents.
General Description of Work
The Director of Marketing & Special Projects is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies and activities for the Baltimore Development Corporation. Responsibilities include but are not limited writing copy, developing collateral materials, website maintenance, and managing organization’s social media platforms.
The Director of Marketing & Special Projects models the highest standard of courteous, dependable, professional conduct, is consistently respectful of colleagues and is punctual at all times. Daily work may extend beyond a conventional workweek. Performs other duties as required. Job duties are subject to changes as directed by management.
- Develops and designs collateral materials describing BDC’s programs, annual reports, advertisements, e- newsletters, presentations and other materials as needed.
- Assists in theme and content development for a variety of projects including videos and other multimedia content.
- Generates and manages social media content across multiple platforms.
- Oversees and maintains websites, including updating information as needed and generating reports on analytics and site traffic.
- Develops and updates social media all social media platforms.
- Manages and maintains email lists, distributes and/or responds to email requests for information, etc.
- Develops and maintains visual assets to promote Baltimore and Baltimore businesses. These assets include photography, videos and other graphics. Often required to attend various events to capture visual assets.
- At least two years of experience in marketing and graphic design (design portfolio is required).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with managing social media platforms and is up to date in social media trends and best practices.
- Strong graphic design skills and must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Pro) and Canva.
- Experience with Hubspot and Marketing Hub or analogous CRM and marketing platforms preferred, but not required.
- Experience with photography and video, including creating and editing short video clips.
- Applicant must have their own transportation or access to transportation to meet with clients, attend community meetings, visit project sites, and attend off-site meetings and events.
This is a salaried, benefited, at-will position, and work is performed as required to complete assigned projects, and may require extended hours beyond a conventional workweek.
BDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a more equitable economy through employment, supporting minority and women-owned businesses and promoting investment in neighborhoods that have been negatively impacted by institutional racism and/or generational poverty. We develop strategies and facilitate collaboration among our partners to intentionally create an inclusive and equitable economy.
BDC does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
To apply, please send cover letter with salary expectations; resume, three writing sample and two design samples to Nancy Jordan-Howard, Chief Operating Officer, City of Baltimore Development Corporation, 36 S. Charles St., Suite 2100, Baltimore, MD 21201 or via email to NHoward@baltimoredevelopment.com with “Director of Marketing and Special Projects” in the subject line. Not all applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please visit: https://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/meet-bdc/careers?utm_content=253061986&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin&hss_channel=lcp-79999