TEDCO – Grant/Proposal Writer
- Grant/Proposal Writer
- Columbia, MD
- Filing Deadline: open until filled
- Salary: $80,000
TEDCO is an independent entity, established by the Maryland General Assembly in 1998, to facilitate the creation of businesses and foster their growth in all regions of the State. TEDCO’s role is to be Maryland’s leading source of funding for technology commercialization and seed capital and to provide other entrepreneurial business assistance to early-stage technology businesses. TEDCO connects emerging technology companies with federal laboratories, research universities, business incubators and specialized technical assistance.
The Grant/Proposal Writer responsibilities will include writing proposals and developing stakeholder engagement reports.
Essential Work Functions
- Reports to and works closely with Chief Development & Marketing Officer to execute the development and outreach strategy.
- Develops, maintains and tracks targeted opportunities that support the mission.
- Regularly conducts research to assess the needs of the market, including barriers faced by underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Writes proposals and white papers, as well as creates slide decks and fact sheets for development and outreach initiatives.
- Utilize Salesforce to track information on stakeholders, contacts and opportunities, and provide reports as necessary.
- Effectively manages projects to ensure they remain timely and within budgetary constraints.
- Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to leverage resources, align goals and core values, and bring projects to fruition.
- Assists with planning and execution of various in-person and online events, including TEDCO’s annual Entrepreneur Expo and various pop-up events.
- Represent the department in program meetings, managing projects and status reports.
- Undertakes daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the Development & Marketing Department’s activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Public Relations or a related discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Skilled at discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent project management skills, detail-oriented, collaborative mindset, and experience coordinating many projects simultaneously
- Strong internal and external customer-service orientation; recognizing the importance of responsiveness and resourcefulness
- Skilled collaborator who is willing to share and to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- High proficiency in using CRM (i.e., Salesforce)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be passionate about going the extra mile to achieve results
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
TEDCO offers a highly competitive total compensation package and an enriching work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of the employment relationship and we do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation or any non-merit characteristics.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://www.tedcomd.com/jobs/grantproposal-writer