TEDCO – Executive Director, Cyber Maryland Program
- Executive Director
- Columbia, MD
- Filing deadline: open until filled
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), located in Columbia Maryland, provides funding, resources and connections that early-stage technology and life sciences companies in Maryland need in order to grow and thrive. TEDCO is currently seeking a creative, dynamic executive director with exceptional relationship building, workforce development, research and program management skills to lead the Cyber Maryland Program. Experience with grand administration and Maryland’s cybersecurity ecosystem, and industry is necessary.
The new Cyber Maryland Program in TEDCO will help create and build a diverse talent pipeline in cybersecurity, serve as a hub for State workforce development programs in cybersecurity, and generally coordinate cybersecurity and research innovation in the State, etc. The overall objective of the Program is help build and accelerate a talent pipeline that materially reduces workforce Maryland cybersecurity industry vacancies. The executive director leads, manages, and implements the program and related Cyber Maryland Fund, administered by the Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Use experience in change management to examine cyber organizations and work with industry, government, and educational institutions to help fill the 20,000 + vacancies in Maryland cybersecurity jobs.
- Conduct ongoing research by collaborating with specific entities to collect and analyze real-time industry data to identify cybersecurity workforce needs
- Lead TEDCO effort to help build a talent pipeline with the goal of materially reducing workforce vacancies
- Develop and maintain a one-stop shop for employers seeking to leverage cyber workforce development programs offered by the State and its partners
- Inform cybersecurity training and education programs operated by public or private entities with industry-driven needs;
- Help build diverse local and State information technology (IT) workforce
- Coordinate and accelerate cybersecurity research and innovation in Maryland
- Support the efforts of Maryland’s Department of Information Technology to improve Maryland state government cybersecurity posture, including agencies, local government units and critical infrastructure
- Ensure program outcomes are diverse and inclusive
- Guide HR processes around talent acquisition
- Manages and coordinates the newly formed Cyber Maryland Board that provides advice and support to the Cyber Maryland Program
- Provides input on the strategic plan
- Coordinates with the Maryland Departments of Labor and Commerce.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Government Relations or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with workforce planning, change and talent management, workforce employee engagement, and program development strategy
- Experience developing and executing talent pipeline infrastructure to include:
- Working knowledge of US Chamber of Commerce Talent Pipeline Approach
- Experience in workforce development and training policy, and industry demand with specialized knowledge in the Cybersecurity Industry
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Experience collaborating with cybersecurity, government and education groups
- Knowledge of how organization/business culture and operational/business processes improvement support change
- Experience translating between organizational needs and operational environments
- Board Management Experience
- Experienced in Strategic Plan Development
- Experienced in grant fund development and management
- Background in Cyber Security Industry standards and workforce development
- Background in database management/data governance
- Experience working with databases containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://www.tedcomd.com/jobs/executive-director-cyber-maryland-program