Baltimore Development Corporation
The Baltimore Development Corporation, which serves as the economic development agency for the City of Baltimore, is seeking a GIS analyst and cartographer to perform a variety of professional duties related to analysis, map production, visual aid and maintaining an enterprise GIS system.
Typical Tasks & Requirements
- Produce high-quality analytical maps and other graphical and virtual outputs to meet organization’s needs
- Define production specifications, such as projection, scale, size, and colors of new or revised map products
- Perform GIS analysis using geoprocessing tools, Model Builder, and other GIS extensions
- Create and maintain GIS data for spatial analysis and map production (ESRI ArcGIS)
- Ensure geospatial datasets adhere to industry standards
- Design, manage, and update map templates
- Maintain and continue development of GIS database layers and metadata
- Create and maintain web mapping applications
- Develop new skills based on industry trends and technologies
- Perform site suitability analysis, create visual aids, and complete other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates must possess strong statistical aptitude and analytical skills as well as have the ability to learn advance statistical skills as needed. Must have good oral, written communications skills, especially the ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely. Candidate should also have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and the ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and projects.
At a minimum, candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree is required in GIS, Geography, Transportation, Planning or a related curriculum, plus three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicant must have their own transportation or access to transportation to meet with clients, attend community meetings, visit project sites, and attend off-site meetings and events.
This is a salaried, benefited, at-will position, and work is performed as required to complete assigned projects, and may require extended hours beyond a conventional workweek.
To apply, please send cover letter with salary expectations; resume, three writing samples and two design samples to Nancy Jordan-Howard, Chief Operating Officer, City of Baltimore Development Corporation, 36 S. Charles St., Suite 2100, Baltimore, MD 21201 or via email to NHoward@baltimoredevelopment.com with “GIS Analyst” in the subject line. Not all applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to NHoward@baltimoredevelopment.com