TEDCO – Coordinator, Entrepreneur & Ecosystem Empowerment
- Program Coordinator, Rural and Urban Programs
- TEDCO – Columbia, MD
- Department: E3
- Salary: $65,000
- Filing Deadline: open until filled
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) is a quasi-government entity established by the Maryland General Assembly to promote the growth and development of early-stage technology and life sciences companies throughout the state of Maryland. We accomplish our mission by providing funding, resources and network support through various programs. The Entrepreneur & Ecosystem Empowerment, the Rural Innovation Initiative and the Urban Innovation Initiative are three such programs aimed at mentoring founders and growing the rural and urban ecosystem. We are currently seeking an energetic, dynamic, results-driven Program Coordinator, to provide program management, event planning, accounting and administrative support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with entrepreneurs to help identify TEDCO and ecosystem resources that will meet their needs.
- Assist Program Managers in developing timelines, deadlines, logistics and checklists.
- Manage Slack communication pages and secure answers to questions as they arise.
- Work with other TEDCO teams to provide requested information or assistance.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for quarterly team and partner meetings.
- Schedule and set-up online events via Zoom or Microsoft Teams, as well as in-person events.
- Coordinate events to include securing appropriate venues, securing catering, equipment, materials and name badges.
- Operate a pitch time and/or presentation slides Coordinate with Marketing & Communications on event logistics, as needed.
- Manage all program/project accounting to include working with vendors to secure information, and to manage the invoicing process via Beanworks, and other software applications.
- Oversee program budgets, including tracking invoices, payments and actual expenses against budget.
- Using legal templates, update contract information in specific fields, and review information captured for accuracy prior to sending for signature.
- Work with Accounting to create new vendors and enter new contracts into Gatekeeper Assist in the Request for Proposal (RFP) organization and process logistics.
- Update information in Salesforce as needed, and using dashboard tools, provide updated data reports to each program, as needed.
- Work with the IT Department to ensure information is correctly captured into Salesforce from forms.
- Track Rural Pre-Seed Fund company quarterly financial updates and send reminders, as needed.
- Compile investment documents for future investments.
- Post investment, copy and distribute closing documents, and ensure critical documents are properly and securely maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum of five years of experience in Program Management or Accounting and Finance
- Familiarity with virtual/video meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets
- Prior experience in event planning desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with Beanworks or similar accounts payable automation software
- Proficient in basic windows navigation and with search engines
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong team-orientation
- Strong customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain positive and results-driven in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to embrace change
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://www.tedcomd.com/jobs/coordinator-entrepreneur-ecosystem-empowerment-e3
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org