Towson, MD – Deputy Director of Economic and Workforce Development – Non-Merit
- Deputy Director of Economic and Workforce Development – Non-Merit
- Towson, MD – Baltimore County
- Economic Development Department
- Salary: $63.14 – $89.14/Hourly
- Closing Date: Continuous
Reporting to the Director, the Deputy serves in a senior leadership role, focusing on agency effectiveness, operations, and strategic planning. Enables the agency to achieve its objectives, including fiscal, human resources, regulatory, legal, policy, program delivery, performance compliance and project management.
- Coordinates agency functions within the department
- Leads agency operations, including the budget, grants, agency performance, memos of understanding, procurement, reporting, staffing and management
- Mobilizes and monitors agency priorities and projects
- Provides frequent, organized, and actionable updates on agency activities to agency head
- Ensures agency strategies are executed and reviewed
- Represents the agency with internal and external organizations, in meetings, or at events
Assists the agency head in:
- Reviewing and aligning agency strategies
- Addressing significant priorities and large projects
- Promoting the work of the agency; and
- Advocating the resources and support for the agency’s mission
May stand in for the agency head at occasions requiring senior-level representation.
Baltimore County is an equal opportunity employer and encourages minority, female and disabled applicants. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, human resource management, public administration, public policy, political science, economics, or a related field. Must have at least 10 years of experience in managing budgets, staff, programs, grants, and operations.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://bit.ly/3OSzJUp
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.