Economic Development Project
The Economic Development Project Award recognizes private-sector entities for their commitment to economic development in the state of Maryland.
To be eligible, the projects must be nominated by a MEDA member. Nominated projects must have been completed during the previous three years, or a major phase must have been successfully completed during the previous three years.
MEDA bestows awards for Economic Development Project in the Large Community and Small Community categories. Nominees located in a county with a population over 200,000 are defined as a Large Community. A county with a population less than 200,000 is defined as a Small Community.
$100.00 online or by check (payable to MEDA)
Mail check to MEDA, P.O. Box 27039, Baltimore, MD 21230
Friday, December 9, 2022
You may submit the same entry in more than one category as long as the entry fees are submitted for all categories. Public relations and advertising agencies may submit entries on behalf of their clients (who are MEDA members) if the entry is submitted under the client’s name and address.
Awards will be announced and winning entries will be displayed during the MEDA Annual Conference at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in Cambridge, Maryland, on April 24, 2023. All entries become the property of MEDA, which is not responsible for the loss, damage, or return of entries.
Awards judges are economic development, marketing, and/or business professionals. As such, they have demonstrated expertise in site selection, economic development, and marketing initiatives.
To be eligible for the 2023 competition’s Economic Development/Redevelopment Project category, entries must have been completed during the previous three years, or a major phase must have been completed and functioning during the previous three years.
All entries must adhere to these additional rules:
- This is an open competition, but submissions must be made by MEDA members.
- You may submit the same entry in more than one category as long as the entry fees are submitted for all categories entered and all category criteria are met.
- Public relations and advertising agencies may submit entries on behalf of their clients (who are MEDA members) if the entry is submitted under the client’s name and address. Public relations and advertising agencies that are MEDA members may also submit.
- Marketing and program awards will be presented to the MEDA member who made the nomination.
- The Economic Development Project award will be given to the private-sector company.
Please direct all submission questions to Sandy Dubay at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 301-360-3506.