Public Policy Awareness
MEDA has adopted an effort to promote economic development as a valuable investment for Maryland, its counties, and its municipalities.
This committee will make MEDA members aware of Public Policy that may have an impact in Maryland at both the state and local levels. It will also work to inform elected and appointed officials about economic development.
The Public Policy Awareness Committee
Rhonda J. Ray, Director, Maryland Department of Commerce
Sean M. Looney, Vice President, State Government Affairs, Comcast
- Laurie M. Boyer, CEcD, Economic Development Manager, Division of Fiscal Management, Montgomery County Government Finance Department
- Darrell A. Brown, Director, Charles County Economic Development Department
- Andrea Mansfield, Government Affairs Professional, Manis Canning & Assoc.
- Matt Miller, Economic Development Specialist, Cumberland Development Corporation
- Daniel K. Thompson, Executive Director, Somerset County Economic Development Commission
- Lawrence F. Twele, CEcD, CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
MEDA and The MEDA Foundation, Inc. do not take a position on any bills and do not lobby. The following links are provided for the purpose of informing our members.
Click here to view a list of active bills that are being monitored by the Maryland Department of Commerce and could impact economic development.
llowing are links to others who provide updates on legislation.