Public Policy Awareness
MEDA has adopted an effort to promote economic development as a valuable investment for Maryland, its counties, and its municipalities.
This committee will make MEDA members aware of Public Policy that may have an impact in Maryland at both the state and local levels. It will also work to inform elected and appointed officials about economic development.
The Public Policy Awareness Committee
Rhonda J. Ray, Director, Maryland Department of Commerce
Sean M. Looney, Vice President, State Government Affairs, Comcast
- Laurie M. Boyer, CEcD, Executive Director, Rockville Economic Development, Inc.
- Darrell A. Brown, Director, Charles County Economic Development Department
- Andrea Mansfield, Government Affairs Professional, Manis Canning & Assoc.
- Matt Miller, Economic Development Specialist, Cumberland Economic Development Corporation
- Daniel K. Thompson, Executive Director, Somerset County Economic Development Commission
- Lawrence F. Twele, CEcD, CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
MEDA and The MEDA Foundation, Inc. do not take a position on any bills and do not lobby. The following links are provided for the purpose of informing our members.
Legislative Briefing (2017 update) – This document provides a brief overview of the Maryland General Assembly, Maryland’s 90 Day Legislative Session, and the process for a bill to become a law. Also included are a list of the committees Maryland Commerce monitors and a budget hearing schedule for agencies with an impact on economic development.
Here’s a link to several bills which may be of interest to MEDA members. Click here to view the PDF – updated March 12, 2018.
Following are links to others who provide updates on legislation.