Public Policy Awareness
MEDA has adopted an effort to promote economic development as a valuable investment for Maryland, its counties, and its municipalities.
This committee will make MEDA members aware of Public Policy that may have an impact in Maryland at both the state and local levels. It will also work to inform elected and appointed officials about economic development.
The Public Policy Awareness Committee
- Rhonda Ray, Director of Policy, Research and Government Affairs of the Maryland Department of Commerce
- Andrea Mansfield, Government Affairs Professional of Manis, Canning & Associates
- Laurie Boyer, Economic Development Manager, Montgomery County Government Department of Finance
- Ryan Gandy, Deputy Director, Rockville Economic Development, Inc.
- Matt Miller, Economic Development Specialist, Cumberland Economic Development Corporation
- Danny Thompson, Executive Director, Somerset County Economic Development Commission
- Larry Twele, CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Taylor Yewell, Redevelopment Manager, Charles County Economic Development Department
MEDA and The MEDA Foundation, Inc. do not take a position on any bills and do not lobby. The following links are provided for the purpose of informing our members.
Click here to view a list of active bills that are being monitored by the Maryland Department of Commerce and could impact economic development.
The following are links to others who provide updates on legislation.