Rhonda Ray Scholarship
Rhonda Ray was a dedicated economic development professional and MEDA member for over 20 years. This scholarship honors her dedication to mentorship, education, public policy, and economic development.
The scholarship details:
- Scholarship Amount – $500 (one-time award per student/member);
- Available to MEDA members and non-members* attending a Maryland community college or Maryland 4-year university – public or private. Must also be a Maryland resident;
- Courses of studies include: credit courses in public policy, economic development, or related field;
- Payment of scholarship amount will be made directly to the school on behalf of the selected student/member;
- Outreach for contributions can be made through the website at any time (form below) and through the Silent Auction each year at the annual conference. We will provide an “item(s)” in the auction specific to the Rhonda Ray Scholarship Fund.
To apply for the scholarship, please click here:
*Non-members can receive either a comp membership as a courtesy/contribution by MEDA or be “sponsored” by an existing member who will pay the $75 fee for student membership
Read more about Rhonda Ray and tributes from MEDA members on our Remembering Rhonda page.
Please help us honor Rhonda’s memory, her dedication and her service by donating generously to the Rhonda Ray Scholarship. Your donations will help support college students studying Public Policy and Economic Development, who are essential for the continued work of economic development and growth in our state. Donate below.