MEDA has served Maryland’s economic development professionals for over 55 years. In the last few years, we’ve seen the next generation of economic development professionals joining the organization, getting engaged, and bringing new ideas to our committees.
We’re asking for member participation! This group is open to economic developers under the age of 40 who are looking for collaboration opportunities and chances to network.
This young leaders group is meant to connect young economic development professionals as they grow in their careers. If this is of interest to you, please consider participating in this new MEDA group. Please complete the form below expressing your interest.
You must be a member of MEDA to participate in this group. If you are not a MEDA member, please click here to apply for membership.
Young Leaders Committee
- Allison Akers, Director of Marketing & Communications, Vision Technologies
- Amy Velich, Central Bank Manager, Johns Hopkins University
- Destiny Allen Mitchell, Senior Economic Development Program Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation.
- Autumn Becker, Executive Director, Western MD IT Center of Excellence, Allegany College of Maryland
- Sarah Guy, Principal, SG Insights, LLC
- Cassy Haber, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications, TEDCO
- Jen LaHatte, Director of Policy and Program Development, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Martin Proulx, Value Added Agricultural Specialist, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- Daisy Namukwaya, Economic Impact Analyst, FSC First
- Brian Sheavly, Project Manager, Maryland Department of Transportation
- Sophie Smith, Director of Operations, Platinum PR