Business Development Committee
The Business Development Committee connects MEDA with funding partners invested in the organization’s mission and vision for Maryland’s future. This effort yields the financial support allowing MEDA to provide quality programs at cost effective rates.
For more than 50 years, MEDA, Maryland’s only economic development association, has evolved into a powerful force, providing valuable benefits and services to its partners. Today, our vibrant membership holds key leadership positions in local and regional economic development organizations, as well as cabinet-level positions in state agencies. Our members work for virtually all of the state’s 23 counties and the City of Baltimore, leading private companies and non-profit agencies, all of whom have a stake in Maryland’s prosperity.
Our partners recognize that MEDA members propel Maryland’s economic success. As a result, they view MEDA as a valuable networking and training resource for the economic development community. MEDA sponsorship benefits include access to this diverse group of members and partnership with an organization strategically positioned to heighten visibility in Maryland.
- Lucas Cade, Senior Economic Development Executive of Potomac Edison – A FirstEnergy Corp.
- Daraius Irani, Ph.D., Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research of Towson University/RESI
- Catherine Bedolla, Director of Business Retention and Expansion, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Andy Fish, Senior Director of the Office of Programs, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Melanie Miller, Operations Manager, Xfinity Communities at Comcast
- Tamar Osterman, Senior Business Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Susan Small, Director of Business Development, Washington County Department of Business Development