The MEDA Membership Committee works to provide excellent customer service to our members. We act as a liaison between members and the board of directors, survey members on a regular basis to obtain their opinions about services that are being provided, offer additional networking opportunities throughout the year, and host a New Members Reception at the Annual Conference.
Committee members serve a one-year term, meet by phone every other month, and attempt one face to face meeting each year.
MEDA members, nearly 500 strong and growing, are invested in job creation and improving the state’s business climate. They come from a broad range of professional backgrounds, including:
- Private sector professionals with an interest in economic development.
- State officials involved in economic development, workforce development, community development, land planning, minority business, the environment, and other key areas.
- Local public sector employees involved in economic development programs in counties and municipalities.
- Other members include national and international economic development leaders, transportation leaders, business consultants, and educators.
- Ebony Stocks, Executive Vice President, Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation
- Denise Beaver, CEcD, Co-Chair, Deputy Director, Carroll County Department of Economic Development
- Destiny Allen-Mitchell, Program Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Susan Banks, Director, Dorchester County Economic Development
- Al Delia, Vice President for Regional Development and Engagement, Frostburg State University
- David Fike, President & Chief Executive Office, Leadership Maryland
- Shannon Lee, Manager of Operations, MEDCO
- Jay Meashey, Economic Development Director, City of Taneytown
- Daisy Namukwaya, Economic Impact Analyst, FSC First
- Ardys Russakis, Executive Director, Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Towson University
- Andrew Sargent, Senior Business Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Steve Wall, Regional Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Walter Woods, M.A., Coordinator for Outreach and Strategic Initiatives, University of Maryland Eastern Shore