The MEDA Membership Committee acts as a liaison between members and the Board of Directors. The Membership Committee also introduces new members to the organization. Committee members serve a one-year term.
MEDA members, nearly 500 strong and growing, are invested in job creation and improving the state’s business climate. They come from a broad range of professional backgrounds, including:
- Private sector professionals with an interest in economic development.
- State officials involved in economic development, workforce development, community development, land planning, minority business, the environment, and other key areas.
- Local public sector employees involved in economic development programs in counties and municipalities.
- Other members include national and international economic development leaders, transportation leaders, business consultants, and educators.
- Daniel (Danny) K. Thompson, Executive Director, Somerset County Economic Development Commission
- Renée M. Winsky, President & CEO, Leadership Maryland
- Joyce La Padula, Manufacturing Program Manager, Office of Strategic Industry and Innovation, Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
- Kim LiPira, Business Development, Armada Hoffler Properties
- Allison S. Mayer, Managing Director, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Merry Mears, Director, Worcester County Economic Development
- Ammanuel Moore, Economic Development Manager, BGE
- Susan E. O’Neill, Economic Development Manager, Cecil County Government
- Helen Propheter, Director, Frederick County Office of Economic Development
- Jamie Williams, Director, Kent County Economic Development