The MEDA Membership Committee works to provide excellent customer service to our members. We act as a liaison between members and the board of directors, survey members on a regular basis to obtain their opinions about services that are being provided, offer additional networking opportunities throughout the year, and host a New Members Reception at the Annual Conference.
Committee members serve a one-year term beginning in May after the MEDA Annual Conference, meet by phone every other month, and attempt one face-to-face meeting each year.
MEDA members, nearly 500 strong and growing, are invested in job creation and improving the state’s business climate. They come from a broad range of professional backgrounds, including:
- Private sector professionals with an interest in economic development.
- State officials involved in economic development, workforce development, community development, land planning, minority business, the environment, and other key areas.
- Local public sector employees involved in economic development programs in counties and municipalities.
- Other members include national and international economic development leaders, transportation leaders, business consultants, and educators.
- Ebony Stocks, Executive Vice President, Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation
- Denise Beaver, CEcD, Co-Chair, Acting Director, Carroll County Department of Economic Development
- Destiny Allen-Mitchell, Program Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Susan Banks, Director, Dorchester County Economic Development
- Al Delia, Vice President for Regional Development and Engagement, Frostburg State University
- David Fike, President & Chief Executive Office, Leadership Maryland
- Jay Meashey, Economic Development Director, City of Taneytown
- Daisy Namukwaya, Economic Impact Analyst, FSC First
- Ardys Russakis, Executive Director, Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Towson University
- Andrew Sargent, Senior Business Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Nancy Schwendeman, Workforce Development Specialist, Maryland’s Coast – Worcester County Tourism & Economic Development.
- Steve Wall, Regional Development Representative, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Walter Woods, M.A., Coordinator for Outreach and Strategic Initiatives, University of Maryland Eastern Shore