Program Development Committee
The Program Development Committee plans quarterly conferences with great enthusiasm, creating content, securing speakers, and coordinating logistics. They also support MEDA’s Vice President in the development of the Annual Conference. Members of this committee may also serve on the Economic Development Week sub-committee.
Committee members understand the practice of economic development and its partner disciplines, maintain a network of speaker contacts, and dedicate the time required to develop quality programs. The Committee has at least three face-to- face meetings and several conference calls per year in preparation for the conference, with additional work completed via phone and e-mail. MEDA makes every effort to populate this committee with regional representatives.
- Denise Beaver, CEcD, Deputy Director, Carroll County Department of Economic Development
- Kelly Robertson-Slagle, Director, Calvert County Department of Economic Development
- Al Delia, Vice President of Regional Development, Frostburg State University
- Larysa Salamacha, Managing Director of Strategy, Research and Analytics, Baltimore Development Corporation
- Ebony Stocks, Executive Vice President, Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation
- Steve Primosch, Vice President, Financial Services, Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation (Finance Tools)
- Darla Garrett, Operations and Program Manager, Maryland Department of Commerce (Finance Tools)
- Amy Seitz, State Main Street Coordinator, Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development (Community Identity)
- Cassandra Vanhooser, Director, Talbot County Economic Development (Community Identity)
Because MEDA is a statewide association dedicated to bringing quality programs to our members on the diverse topic of Economic Development, Program Committee Members are involved in program development based on their specialties.
Topics for the upcoming Fall and Annual Conferences include: “Understanding the Site Selection Process” in the Fall and “Equitable Economic Development” for the Annual.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the committee to bring your expertise in either of these topics, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-347-1246