MEDA Hall of Fame Nomination
The MEDA Hall of Fame honors those who have made a significant contribution to the economic development profession in Maryland. Consideration will be given to years of service, quality of service, impact on Maryland’s economy, and contributions to professional development.
Nomination suggestions are submitted annually to the Awards Committee by members of the association prior to the MEDA Annual Conference. Potential inductees are nominated by the Awards Committee and submitted to the MEDA Board of Directors.
Inductees are selected by vote of the full MEDA Board of Directors and are installed at the MEDA Annual Conference during the Monday Banquet program. Inductees will be invited to participate in the Annual Conference as a guest of the membership.
Click here for a complete list of members in the MEDA Hall of Fame and those with life membership in MEDA.
Watch this video to learn more about a previous MEDA Hall of Fame inductee.
- Complete and submit the online form below.
- Each award submission must be entered into the form below and has a 1,200 word limit.
- You may nominate more than one individual.
- Include the reason for nomination in the space provided below, and describe why the nominee should receive the MEDA Hall of Fame Award.
- DEADLINE: 5 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2016
Each of the following criteria must be addressed:
- Years of service in the economic development community (in Maryland and elsewhere)
- Leadership positions held within MEDA
- Leadership positions within the economic development community at large
- Specific project involvement resulting in economic growth, including increased capital investment and employment for Maryland
- Contributions to professional development
- Community service
- Special achievements
*These criteria are also what the selection will be based upon.
Using the point system, 0 = poor/no information, 1 = fair, 2 = good, 3 = excellent; for a total of 21 possible points.