MEDA Hall of Fame Nomination
The MEDA Hall of Fame honors those who have made a significant contribution to the economic development profession in Maryland. Consideration will be given to the overall body of work in economic development in Maryland, quality of service, impact on Maryland’s economy, and contributions to professional development.
Nomination suggestions are submitted annually by members of the association prior to the MEDA Annual Conference. Potential inductees are nominated by the Awards Evaluators and submitted to the MEDA Board of Directors.
Inductees are selected by vote of the full MEDA Board of Directors and are installed at the MEDA Annual Conference during the Monday Banquet program. Inductees will be invited to participate in the Annual Conference as a guest of the membership.
Click here for a complete list of members in the MEDA Hall of Fame and those with life membership in MEDA.
- Complete and submit the online form below.
- Each award submission must be entered into the form below.
- You may nominate more than one individual.
- Include the reason for nomination in the space provided below, and describe why the nominee should receive the MEDA Hall of Fame Award.
- NEW: An employee working for the nominee may not make Hall of Fame nominations.
- NEW: All nominations must accompany an additional letter of recommendation (that must also not come from an employee).
- DEADLINE: Friday, December 6, 2019
Each of the following criteria must be addressed:
- Special achievements in economic development
- Body of work in economic development in the State of Maryland
- Significant involvement within MEDA
- Leadership positions within the economic development community at large
- Specific project(s) involvement resulting in economic growth, including increased capital investment and employment for Maryland
- Contributions to professional development
- Community / volunteerism within the community at large
Years of service will not be used as scoring criteria, but will be noted as a data point on the form.
*These criteria are also what the selection will be based upon.