Volunteer of the Year Nomination
MEDA considers anyone who is not employed as a full-time economic developer as a volunteer. For the purposes of this award, nominees will be considered for their involvement in economic development during the previous calendar year or their work with an economic development organization over a period of years not necessarily limited to one project or one year.
Nominations for Volunteer of the Year are made by MEDA members to the Awards Committee, which then makes a recommendation to the MEDA Board of Directors. The Board of Directors then votes on a winner, who will be invited to attend the MEDA Annual Conference.
- Complete and submit the online form below.
- Each award submission must be entered into the form below and has a 1,200 word limit.
- You may nominate more than one individual.
- Include your reason for nomination in the space provided below, and describe why the nominee should receive the Volunteer of the Year award.
- DEADLINE: Friday, December 8, 2017
Each of the following criteria must be addressed:
- Whether the unpaid position was through election or appointment
- Years of service in the Maryland economic development community
- Service to the community and/or specific economic development agency/activity
- Leadership skills demonstrated
- Special achievements
*These criteria are also what the selection will be based upon.
Using the point system, 0 = poor/no information, 1 = fair, 2 = good, 3 = excellent; for a total of 21 possible points.