2021 MEDA Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course
The Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of economic development. The course is designed to prepare participants for the challenges they face in the practice of developing communities.
In 2021, this course will be offered online (via Zoom). Please note that the time zone is Eastern Time (ET).
The course will highlight the key aspects in an economic developer’s career:
- Managing Economic Development Offices
- Strategic Planning
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Real Estate Development & Reuse (MEDA Summer Conference – included in your course registration)
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Workforce Development
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Here’s a link to the draft agenda (subject to change).
Lofton Scholarships are available to MEDA members. Click here to learn how to apply for a Lofton Scholarship.
July 26 - July 30