Mr. Lighthizer started Chesapeake Real Estate Group, LLC (“CREG”) in 2004 after spending 16 years at CBRE, where he achieved the titles of Senior Vice President and Partner, and was a consistent “Top 5” producer. His past institutional landlord clients include RREEF, Ohio Teachers, First Industrial, Opus, Invesco, Cabot, and CalEast/LaSalle Advisors. He also served as a tenant representative leader with the National CB Global Logistics Practice Group.
Since starting CREG, Mr. Lighthizer has negotiated some of the region’s largest industrial transactions, including representing General Motors in the sale of their Baltimore Van Assembly Plant, which consisted of 182 acres and two million square feet of industrial space to Duke Realty for $33 million. Mr. Lighthizer previously represented GM with their acquisition of 80 acres in White Marsh, Maryland for their 800,000 square-foot Allison Transmission Plant. Lighthizer also negotiated the purchase of a 240-acre, 1.5 million square foot planned business park known as Baltimore Crossroads @95, which is currently in its final stages of development.
Under Lighthizer’s direction, the company has purchased numerous properties as part of the company’s initiative to both own and broker commercial real estate. CREG has acquired, developed and/or has or held ownership in over 20 industrial, office, and retail projects that total over $300 million in value. The company’s partners include or have included Prudential Real Estate Investors, USAA, The Carlyle Group, Atapco Properties, Osprey Property, Somerset Construction, and Hostetter Construction.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS: (past and current)
· NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties)
· SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
· CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
· Board Member, Anne Arundel County Partnership for Families and Children
· Board Member, US Lacrosse Mid-Atlantic Chapter
· Commissioner, Severna Park Green Hornets Boys Lacrosse
· Board Member, Anne Arundel County Park and Recreation Boys Lacrosse Coach’s Association
· CLM (Council of Logistics Management)
· Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Board Member
· AACIA (Anne Arundel Commercial & Industrial Association)
· Mount St. Mary’s President’s Council
· Fund-Raising Chairman, Mount St. Mary’s (Class of 1988)
EDUCATION & DESIGNATIONS:
· CB Richard Ellis/USC Formal Sales and Corporate Service Training
· Bachelor of Arts, Mount St. Mary’s College, 1988
· Gilmour Academy High School, Cleveland, Ohio, 1984