Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board: How to be an Effective Ally
- This event has passed.
The Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board invites you to join them for an exciting #bWomen event:
The Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board has specifically designed this unique program and selected an all-male panel of top executives to discuss their perspective, experiences and best practices utilized in cultivating a diverse and inclusive company culture.
This discussion will be moderated by Sabina Kelly, Greater Maryland Market President, Bank of America and Christine Aspell, Managing Partner, Baltimore Office, KPMG LLP.
How to be an Effective Ally
- Why inclusion is about each person.
- How to create a culture that strives for equity and embraces, respects and values the differences of all employees.
- Why diversity is about the unique experiences, qualities and characteristics each person brings to the work environment.
- Why inclusion requires that each person see beyond differences in others to create a culture that unlocks the power of diversity.
According to research, creating an environment where people can bring their whole self to work is essential to a successful organizational culture. An individual’s sense of belonging within the work culture is enhanced by the presence of “allies” – those who support and advocate for others across all aspects of diversity. Panelists for this event have demonstrated that they value diverse perspectives, are not afraid to engage in courageous conversations and have worked to remove bias, stereotypes and patterns of inequity in the workplace.
Hear from these top executives:
- Joseph Sullivan – Chairman and CEO, Legg Mason
- Robert Wallace – President, CEO and Founder, Bithgroup Technologies
- Timothy Gillis – Managing Partner, KPMG
- David Imre – CEO, imre
When: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 5:30-6:30 p.m. networking, 6:30-8:30 p.m. program
Where: Towson University South Campus Pavilion, 7537 Auburn Drive, Towson, Md., 21204
Cost: Members only: Free
For event information, contact Lisa Byrd, GBC’s Director of Events and Business Development, at 410-727-2820.
This is a GBC members only event.
Please note that #bWomen events are not exclusive to women. We hope that you will invite a male colleague from your organization who would be interested in hearing about the business case for diversity and inclusion. All invited guests must RSVP through a GBC member.
For more information about the Baltimore Women’s Advisory Board and #bWomen, visit gbc.org/committee/bwomen.
Event sponsor: Legg Mason
Host sponsor: Towson University