GCED Event: Workforce Development Employer Summit
- This event has passed.
The members of the Western Maryland Workforce Development Partners group would like to invite you to the Workforce Development Employer Summit at Garrett College on Wednesday, October 17th, from 8:00 am – 11:45 a.m. The keynote speaker will be Ms. Kelly Schulz, Secretary of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
This summit will be an opportunity to learn about the resources available to you, as an employer, at the local, regional and state level to attract, train and retain your employees.
Each organization will provide a short presentation on the resources available to support employers in their workforce development challenges. Following the presentations, staff will be able to meet one-on-one with employers to get more specific information. Each employer will receive a guide detailing the resources in attendance, their programs and their contact information.
The expected outcome of this event is increased knowledge of resources for employers and increased partnerships between the organizations and employers.
This event is being sponsored by Garrett College and the Western Maryland Workforce Development Partners.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.: Networking and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m.: Welcome and Introductions
8:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: Resources for Attracting and Training Employees
- Garrett College Adult Basic Education/Workforce Development
- Western Maryland Consortium
- Garrett County Economic Development
- Garrett County Public Schools
- Garrett County Chamber of Commerce
- MD Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, MD Department of Rehabilitative Services
- MD Department of Commerce
10:00 a.m.: Dr. Richard Midcap, President of Garrett College: Welcome and Introduction of Ms. Kelly Schulz, Secretary of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
10:45 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.: Break
10:55 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Resources for Retaining Employees
- Garrett County Community Action
- Garrett County Department of Social Services
- MD Workforce Legal Services
- Garrett College Business Solutions
11:45 a.m.: Wrap Up and Networking
If you experience difficulty registering, please contact Tiffany Allen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.