IEDC Course: Economic Development Marketing and Attraction
- This event has passed.
This hands-on course will review the fundamentals of developing and implementing a high-impact marketing and attraction plan. Businesses looking to locate or expand need accurate, up-to-date, and credible information and communities need rock-solid marketing techniques to reach the needs of the business community. Course participants will be able to learn how to craft their community’s message by learning about online marketing fundamentals, website design, and current trends in foreign direct investment. Participants will also explore various mediums of communication, including how to best utilize social media and other technologies as economic development marketing tools. Case studies and will highlight the dos and don’ts of economic development marketing and attraction.
This course is held November 17, 24, December 1 and 8, 2020.
• Identifying target audiences using data-driven techniques
• Developing a community marketing plan and brand
• Garnering internal and external support for the marketing campaign
• Engaging social media and website design to target new markets
• Making the most of your foreign direct investment efforts
• Benchmarking, evaluating, and monitoring the marketing plan