IEDC: Technology-led Economic Development
- This event has passed.
This technical course focuses on the competitive advantage of regions and the role of economic developers and community stakeholders in building an innovation ecosystem. It is important to understand the process of technological commercialization. In this course participants will be introduced to the legal and financial framework for bringing innovation to market, including technology protection and product licensing. Learn how to partner with government, industry, higher education, and the private sector to create a highly integrated network of technology and innovation. Multiple case studies will be presented to explain the role of business incubators, accelerators, venture capital, angel networks, gap financing, and more.
• Forming strategic alliances and technology clusters
• Building partnerships with higher education and technology councils
• Understanding technology transfer and commercialization
• Reviewing patent, copyright, trademark, and licensing terms
• Developing incubators, accelerators, and research parks
• Developing multiple financing mechanisms for technology businesses
• Debt vs. equity financing options for entrepreneurs and small businesses
• Rural technology-led economic development strategies
January 14, 2021 @ 10:30 am - January 15, 2021 @ 5:00 pm