IEDC Training Course: Economic Development Strategic Planning
- This event has passed.
This course is held in partnership with Maryland Economic Development Association (MEDA).
This highly interactive course lets participants work in small teams to help understand the complexity of strategic planning and its challenges. Economic developers must build consensus among board members, stakeholders and the community as a whole, creating a unified vision for the future. Learn techniques to build consensus among stakeholders who represent different values and interests. Also, participants will learn the quantitative techniques used to better understand their community including: location quotients, shift share, input-output and cluster analyses. Explore project assessment methods for setting priorities and measuring your plan’s impact.
- Stakeholder analysis, structuring participation, planning fundamentals
- Consensus building, group facilitation and conflict
- Defining geography, competitive advantage and SWOT
- Determining vision, mission, goals and objectives
- Demand-side strategies and supply-side strategies
- Identifying projects, strategy formation and implementation
- Setting realistic benchmarks and measuring success
- Exploring the use of dashboard indicators
To register and view detailed agenda, visit: http://www.iedconline.org/events/2018/06/14/training-course/training-course-economic-development-strategic-planning/
Should you have difficulty registering online, please download the course registration form (PDF).
Refunds less a $60 cancellation fee will be issued for all cancellations received in writing to fax: (202) 223-4745 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the course – please allow 3-4 weeks. All registrations regardless of payment status are subject to the $60 cancellation fee. No refunds or credit transfers to a future course will be issued for cancellations received within 10 business days of the course. Telephone cancellations are not accepted. Attendee substitutions for a course may be made at any time prior to the course.
June 14, 2018 - June 15, 2018