Maryland ‘Healthy Soils’ Workshop
- This event has passed.
April 26, 2017 Frederick Community College – Conference Center
Come out to these wonderful free workshops and learn about soil science and health. The sessions also include a presentation on the guidelines and application process for a $100,000 Innovation Technology grant that will be awarded for projects dealing with the integration of nutrient reductions with climate change adaptation.
The events are free, but registration is requested via e-mail: Phillip Stafford at the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, email@example.com, or Susan Payne at the Maryland Department of Agriculture, susan.payne @maryland.gov.
The agenda is the same for both workshops:
- 8:30 -9:00, Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00-9:10, Welcome and Introduction; Susan Payne, Maryland Department of Agriculture
- 9:10-10:10, Dishing More Dirt on the Science of Soils; Dr. Sara Via, University of Maryland Extension
- 10:10-10:20, Break
- 10:20-11:20, An Awesome and Interactive Look at Healthy Soils; Dean Cowherd and Carl Robinette, USDA NRCS
- 11:20-11:50, $100,000 Opportunity through the Innovative Technology Grant Program; Ronnie Gist, Maryland Industrial Partnerships
- 11:50-12:00, Closing
April 26, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Frederick Community College
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702