StarTUP at Towson University Tour
- This event has passed.
How Towson Government and Towson University came together to meet the changing needs of workforce development and entrepreneurs.
Take a tour of The StarTUp at the Armory, Towson University’s front door for startups, small businesses, and the region’s largest corporations! The award-winning, state-of-the-art 26,000 sq. ft. space includes 6,000 sq. ft. of free co-working space and meeting rooms where entrepreneurs and executives can connect with each other and the Towson Community. This new space is one of many initiatives in downtown Towson that aims to promote economic development and innovation. Just around the corner, Towson Row is an exciting new development in the heart of Towson that serves both the commercial and residential community. The tour will also include a ride on The Towson Loop, a free transit service that takes riders throughout Towson’s central business district, as well as a walk around the Towson University campus through some of our newest buildings.
- Gather at the Towson University StarTUp facility. Welcome by Melanie Perreault, Interim President, Towson University.
- Speaker Daraius Irani, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research at Towson University, will discuss Towson’s placemaking strategy in the Towson community.
- Speaker Baltimore County will discuss the “partnership” between the private, public, and higher ed from the perspective of Baltimore County.
- Speaker Dave Mayhew, Interim Director of Construction Services and Director of University Architecture at Towson University, will discuss the TU master plan and how it integrates with Towson and the changes in the “footprint of TU” over time. He will also discuss the Towson Row project and the commercial and residential community investments.
- Speaker Patrick McQuown, Executive Director of Entrepreneurship at Towson University, will deliver the StarTUp award-winning UEDA pitch and meet the 2023 Summer Accelerator cohort.
- Short walking tour to Towson Row and then take a ride on the Baltimore County Loop. Enjoy a driving tour and a walking tour of the Towson University campus that will highlight the most recent master plan projects.
- Arrive back at the StarTUp for lunch and informal conversation with 2023 Summer Accelerator Ventures and speakers and tours of the StarTUp.
If you’re looking to start and finish your workday in our co-working space, plan to bring your laptop; we provide free high-speed Wi-Fi and space that will meet and exceed your working needs. We open at 8:30 am and close at 5:30 pm.
Address (for GPS): 307 Washington Ave., Towson, MD 21204. See the parking map, which includes garages and street parking options.
Dress: Casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are suggested.