TU Event: Towson University Public Health and Healthcare Informatics Showcase
- This event has passed.
Towson University Public Health and Healthcare Informatics Showcase
Discover new ways to collaborate with researchers, technologies, and students.
April 4, 2018 | 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. | Minnegan Room, Towson University
Innovative research and discovery are happening at Towson University. The Public Health and Healthcare Informatics Showcase is an excellent opportunity for community healthcare partners to identify and form collaborative partnerships with Towson University to improve clinical care and public health for Maryland’s citizens.
Faculty and graduate students will provide product demonstrations that highlight the clinical research, medical device development, and health informatics projects being developed at Towson University. Administrators will highlight applied research and teaching opportunities for healthcare partners to create a sustained pipeline of students into the workforce.
7:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:05 a.m. – Welcome Remarks
- Dr. Timothy J. L. Chandler, Provost, Towson University
- Dr. Kim Schatzel, President, Towson University
8:15 a.m. – Keynote Speaker
8:35 a.m. – Faculty Presentations
- Longitudinal Aging Study at Towson [LAST], Nicolas Knuth, PhD
- Mobile Health Application for Clinicians to Enhance Clinical Decision-Making at the Point of Care, Kyungsook Gartrell, RN, PhD
- Project yCAT:Young Children’s Assistive Technology, Amanda Jozkowski, PhD, OTR/L
- Use of a Markerless Motion-Capture System to Assess Lower Extremity Biomechanics in Collegiate Athletes: Injury Prediction and Clinical Implications, Peter Lisman, PhD, ATC
9:00 a.m. – Demonstrations and Networking
10:00 a.m. – Conclusion
TU Facilities Tour (On Request)
April 4, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Minnegan Room, Towson University
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252