Maryland Economic Development Corporation
Job Description: Asset Manager
The Maryland Economic Development Corporation (MEDCO) is an instrumentality of the State of Maryland created by the General Assembly to serve as a statewide economic development engine. MEDCO has real estate development and bond issuance powers, as well as the ability to collaborate and create contemporary financial solutions to bring projects to life.
MEDCO’s mission is to encourage the increase of business activity and commerce throughout the State, thereby creating jobs, relieving unemployment, and promoting the welfare of State residents. MEDCO does so through its utilization of its bond issuance capabilities.
One program under the MEDCO portfolio is to aid Maryland’s public higher education entities by financing, developing, owning and/or operating student housing, energy, auxiliary and other facilities. As part of this program, MEDCO retains and actively oversees third-party management companies to carry out day-to-day operations and closely collaborates with host universities to ensure project success.
In addition, public-private partnerships produce infrastructure through a collaboration between the public and private sectors where risk and benefits can be allocated cost-effectively between the parties. MEDCO is committed to partnering with Federal, State, and local agencies who partner with the private sector to support the development, expansion, and modernization of facilities. MEDCO is searching for a capable professional to manage and support its owned asset portfolio.
Salary Range – $65,000 to $80,000, Salary will be commensurate on experience.
Baltimore Central Business District location
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to establish strong working relationships and to communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Providing asset management of past, current, and future MEDCO-owned projects/properties
• Providing oversight of third-part managers and ensuring operational objectives are met, including team problem-solving and troubleshooting
• Interacting with clients, managers, and government partners
• Participating in the preparation and approval of project operating and capital budgets
• Reviewing monthly operating statements, leasing, and occupancy reports and calculation and processing of fees and expenses
• Coordinating necessary reports with brokers, architects, and engineers
• Ensuring current policies and compliance items are reviewed, updated, and enforced
• Document review and analysis
• Assisting with the MEDCO annual report and providing content for website updates in connection with managed projects
• Assisting with response to external contact inquiries and requests
• Supporting the Director of Development and Director of Bond Financing on special tasks as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
• Exhibits superior client/contact service skills, able to manage deadlines well, able to maintain a professional appearance and pay close attention to details
• Bachelor’s degree required (BA, BS)
• Prefer minimum of 5 years’ experience in asset management
• Candidate must be bondable
• Proficiency in Internet research and Microsoft Office Suite required with a special emphasis on Excel
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and in a grammatically correct fashion
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to problem solve
• Possess the ability to organize and prioritize tasks for maximum productivity Preferred
• Familiarity with real estate and financial contracts a plus
• Familiarity with financial analysis a plus
• Prior experience writing and soliciting request for qualifications and proposals a plus
• Prior experience in portfolio management, commercial transactions and/or business writing a plus
Application Deadline 7/15/22
Please submit Cover Letter & Resumes to:
Manager of Operations
7 St Paul St., Suite 940
Baltimore, MD 21202
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com