Website Rockville Economic Development, Inc.
TITLE: Deputy Director
Accountability: Reports to the Executive Director
Status: Full-time, 40+ hour/week, benefitted position. Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000
REDI seeks a qualified professional to serve as the Deputy Director for the organization to support the Director in the implementation of the strategic plan for economic development adopted by the REDI board. This plan will include business retention, business expansion, business recruitment, new business start-up, and retail development to strengthen the commercial tax base while promoting and encouraging programs that enhance the City’s quality of life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Proactively identify quality business prospects and establish and execute marketing campaigns to attract those businesses to the City.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with existing businesses to encourage business retention and expansion projects.
- Assist with appropriate commercial real estate development and redevelopment support.
- Promote the City as a place for businesses and provide details on the characteristics of specific available space.
- Ensure the accurate updating of relevant market and demographic data used by site selectors.
- Act as a liaison between local organizations, businesses, and representatives of government concerning economic development.
- Administrate various incentive programs.
- Research and provide recommendations on economic development opportunities and projects.
- Maintain REDI’s database regarding business activities that are reported periodically as metrics to the Board and the City.
- Competitively bid (when applicable) and order and review appraisals, economic studies, and other similar reports as necessary.
- Oversee office management, including processing of invoices and bills.
- Conduct research and prepare documentation, detailed reports, memoranda and correspondence as necessary.
- Assist Director with various matters and represents REDI on various occasions. Act in the absence of the Director.
- Assist with awards presentations, events, tradeshows, etc. as needed.
- Supervise support staff including part-time and volunteers.
- Join and potentially engage in local/regional/national trade, industry and networking organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of economic development, real estate, and public administration.
- Must understand the local commercial real estate market and be able to communicate with brokers regarding valuation/comps and potential sites.
- Knowledge of financing strategies, research methods, marketing and project management.
- Knowledge of financial information and analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, general accounting and lending practices.
- Strong financial statement familiarity and general comfort level with real estate contracts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with businesses, brokers, site selectors, board members, city officials, employees, and the general public.
- Must be able to think strategically and respect confidentiality in the corporate decision-making process.
- Strong analytical skills required as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, supervisor and coordinate the work of subordinates.
- Must possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with real estate research databases (LOIS, CoStar, LoopNet, etc.) helpful.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business development, real estate, finance, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in economic development or related area.
- Designation as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred, but not required.
- The successful candidate may not hold an active real estate license once selected.
- Marketing and data analysis background desirable.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and 3 references to Cynthia Stewart, Executive Director at no later than May 13, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org