Greater Baltimore Committee — Director, Partnerships
About the GBC
The Greater Baltimore Committee (GBC) is the leading voice for the private sector in the Baltimore region on equitable economic growth and civic issues. With the merger of the GBC and the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore, the organization is advancing a vibrant, future-ready Greater Baltimore region. The GBC Team—composed of experts in public policy, research, economic development, and communications— supports more than 500 members to align the region’s resources to equitably increase opportunity and deliver a thriving economic environment for the region’s diverse communities.
This position is a member of the Partnerships team working to:
- Develop and establish GBC’s new membership and engagement model.
- Develop and orient GBC’s committee and member collaborations toward high-value impact.
- Establish and manage partnerships with local, state, and national peers to advance the Greater Baltimore region.
The Director, Partnerships will work closely with GBC staff to:
- Implement GBC’s new membership and engagement model for the attraction, retention, and engagement of members.
- Execute committee and member collaborations activity with an eye toward high-value and results-oriented impact.
- Direct the implementation and management of the organization’s online customer relations management system (Salesforce or similar)
- Report on the status of membership and development activities and recommend performance improvements.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to ensure accurate membership revenue information and goal setting.
- Work with the Communications team to direct the development/upkeep of membership collateral, including welcome and thank you letters, invoicing, and membership information materials, with an eye toward effective membership attraction and retention.
- Work with the Director, Events to develop and execute membership events, committee activity, and special initiative fundraising that advance the GBC agenda.
- Direct annual membership directory efforts, elevating value to members and sponsors, while ensuring the accuracy of membership information and reliability of database.
- Participate on committees, advisory panels, and task forces related to partnerships & development.
- Participate in a variety of other activities and duties as assigned.
- Customer relations management (CRM) systems experience and/or management (Salesforce preferred).
- Five plus years relevant experience in a membership or membership-like organization, including non-profit, education or economic development environment.
- Member and partner engagement-focused, creating an environment of mutual success.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly evaluate data and information for appropriate action.
- Professional presence and a preference for external, direct interaction with stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative both internally and externally to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Desire and ability to work with cognitively diverse teams to produce high-quality, results-oriented work products.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
In addition to benefits including health, vision, dental, and life insurance, paid leave and a 401(k) plan, the GBC offers opportunities for professional development and remote work.
Send resume and cover letter to Sharon Markley Schreiber, COO, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.
The Greater Baltimore Committee shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will consider candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com