IEDC – International Economic Development Council
- Senior Marketing Associate
- IEDC – Washington, DC
- Salary: $60,000-$75,000
- Filing Deadline: open until filled
The Senior Marketing Associate will support IEDC’s grant and contractual projects through various communications efforts. Working with IEDC’s Communications and Events teams, this position is responsible for liaising with content owners, overseeing content development, designing graphics for social media, report layouts and ensuring effective promotion of IEDC’s grant work. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Communications.
This position is eligible to be located outside commuting distance of IEDC’s Washington, DC, office, and applicants from throughout the United States are encouraged to apply.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
IEDC seeks to model the diversity of the communities we serve, and as such, we strongly urge applications from all interested people without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Roles and Responsibilities
To include, but not limited to:
- In collaboration with content owners and Senior Manager, Communications, coordinate grant and contract related communications and design projects.
- In collaboration with content owners and Senior Manager, Communications, liaise with grant and contract teams to ensure timely, effective communications strategies and products.
- In collaboration with Senior Manager, Communications, ensure effective coordination between IEDC’s non-grant related work and grant-related work.
- Participate in internal and external grants and contract project meetings.
- Develop press releases for grant and contract-related projects.
- Create content for social media, print, email and web for all grant and contract-related projects.
- Create design materials to promote IEDC’s services for social, print, web and email.
- Maintain a media list of contacts related to grant and contract work.
- Ensure consistency of IEDC’s brand and style guidelines on designed collateral and messaging.
- Maintain compliance with all accounting procedures related to purchases made supporting web, print and social media marketing, in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Communications.
- Ensure all Communications grant deliverables are effective, timely, strategic and within budget.
- Products, services and information produced by the organization are effectively marketed to meet the organization’s mission and financial goals.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues across other departments to align your work with the overall goals of the organization.
- Play a key role in helping the organization maintain effective organization partnerships and grow our media network.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or related field preferred; an additional 6 years’ relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Experience overseeing the production of content for electronic marketing materials and publications.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Advanced literacy in social media platforms.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams; we work with multiple stakeholders and internal customers and are seeking a collaborative colleague.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time – we are a high-volume communications team and we are seeking a teammate who thrives in that environment.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel may be required, though rarely so.
- Familiarity or experience working with Hubspot, Airtable, Zapier, BannerBear, iMIS, and Accrisoft a definite plus.
Fringe benefits include paid health, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance, plus sick and annual leave, federally recognized holidays, cell phone benefit, and a 401(k) plan. Career development is encouraged.
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization serving economic developers. With more than 4,800 members, IEDC is the largest organization of its kind. Economic developers promote economic well-being and quality of life for their communities, by creating, retaining and expanding jobs that facilitate growth, enhance wealth and provide a stable tax base. From public to private, rural to urban and local to international, IEDC’s members are engaged in the full range of economic development experience. Given the breadth of economic development work, our members are employed in a wide variety of settings including local, state, provincial and federal governments, public-private partnerships, chambers of commerce, universities and a variety of other institutions. When we succeed, our members create high-quality jobs, develop vibrant communities, and improve the quality of life in their regions. IEDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran/military status, ancestry, or disability.
Application Applicants should send a resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information and to apply online, please visit: https://shorturl.at/iGTW0