Highlighting the Investment in Partnerships that Strengthens our Competitiveness
2012 Economic Development Week
- This event has passed.
Economic Development Week 2012 Recap:
I want to start by first thanking everyone who participated in MEDA’s second annual Economic Development Week. It was a great success, but only thanks to the hard work that you put into economic development everyday.
Throughout Maryland, many celebrated the week of October 15-19 as Economic Development Week. We kicked off this year’s Economic Development Week with the 2012 MEDA Fall Conference at the World Trade Center in Baltimore. As the week continued, towns, cities, and counties from all over the state of Maryland organized events and activities. There were proclamations made by many jurisdictions, including one from Governor Martin O’Malley. Like many of you, here in Rockville we visited a number of new businesses to encourage growth and show our continued support for the investments made everyday. From the Eastern Shore to Western Maryland, economic developers highlighted the businesses that make our state great.
As this year winds down, and 2013 quickly approaches, I am already looking forward to what Economic Development Week 2013 has in store for us. Remember- it’s not too early to start planning for next year’s events.
I also want to remind to you register for the 2013 MEDA Winter Conference, coming up on January 10, 2013. I look forward to seeing you there!
Laurie M. Boyer, CEcD
Executive Director of Rockville Economic Development, Inc.
2012 Economic Development Week:
Showcase your economic development accomplishments during Economic Development Week!
The second annual Economic Development Week begins with the MEDA Fall Conference on October 15 and includes events, meetings, and proclamations throughout the state. This effort to shine a spotlight on our economic successes only works if we have YOU involved! Here are some of the ways you can participate.
How to Prepare for Economic Development Week 2012:
- Mark your calendar to take part in Economic Development Week – October 15-19, 2012!
- If you don’t have an event planned, plan one! Hold a conference, a networking event, or a business tour to connect people and ideas. Click here for a list of creative approaches in 2011.
- Once you plan your event, send us the details –we’ll include it in our promotions and on our website calendar. Email:
Economic Development Week Featured Events:
- MEDA Fall Conference: The Port of Baltimore and its Statewide Impact
- BWI Business Partnership – Signature Breakfast
- Charles County’s Economic Summit
- Cecil County Technology Round Table Event
- City of Cambridge: Business Forum with the Mayor
- CyberMaryland Conference
- Dorchester County Economic Development – Business Appreciation Event – Layton’s Chance Winery
- Entrepreneurship FasTrac class to be held at Garrett College Center for Entrepreneurship
- Frederick County: Chamber of Commerce Business Card Exchange
- Frederick County: Commercial Brokers: Economic Development Incentives 101
- Frederick County: Fort Detrick Alliance Sponsors Breakfast
- Frederick County: Tourism Council of Frederick County Annual Membership Breakfast
- Governor’s Housing Conference: Restoring Communities Across Maryland
- Ignite Baltimore
- Prince George’s County: Virtual Town Hall Meeting, Meet & Greet, Business Tours
- Queen Anne’s County: Business Tours & Business Showcase Event
- Rockville Economic Development, Inc will be visiting several incubator companies
- Somerset County: Business After Hours
- Talbot County: County Officials will be touring major employers
- Talbot County: Defense Contractors Reception
Proclamations of Economic Development Week:
- Governor Martin O’Malley
- Allegany County
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore County
- Cecil County
- City of Bowie
- City of Frederick
- City of Hagerstown
- City of Havre de Grace
- City of Rockville
- Dorchester County
- Frederick County
- Garrett County
- Prince George’s County
- Queen Anne’s County
- City of Rockville
- St. Mary’s County
- Somerset County
- Talbot County
- Washington County
- Worcester County
October 15, 2012 - October 19, 2012