2018 Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course
- This event has passed.
The Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of economic development. The course is designed to prepare participants for the challenges they face in the practice of developing communities.
The course will highlight the key aspects in an economic developer’s career:
- Managing Economic Development Offices
- Strategic Planning
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Neighborhood Revitalization (This section will be taught as part of the MEDA Summer Conference. Registration for the conference is included in your Course registration).
- Workforce Development
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Lofton Scholarships are available to MEDA members. Click here to learn how to apply for a Lofton Scholarship.
Click here to view the draft course agenda / schedule
Columbus Center (IMET)
701 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
* Book before June 22, 2018 for a room rate of $139.00 USD per night