2019 Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course
The Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of economic development. The course is designed to prepare participants for the challenges they face in the practice of developing communities.
The course will highlight the key aspects in an economic developer’s career:
- Managing Economic Development Offices
- Strategic Planning
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development (This section will be taught as part of the MEDA Summer Conference. Registration for the conference is included in your Course registration)
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Workforce Development
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Lofton Scholarships are available to MEDA members. Click here to learn how to apply for a Lofton Scholarship.
Register before June 22, 2019 to save with the early bird pricing!
July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 25 @ 5:00 pm
Columbus Center (IMET)
701 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
* $129 USD per night
Last day to book at this rate - Friday, June 21, 2019