2020 Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course (ONLINE)
The Chesapeake Basic Economic Development Course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of economic development. The course is designed to prepare participants for the challenges they face in the practice of developing communities.
The course will highlight the key aspects in an economic developer’s career:
- Managing Economic Development Offices
- Strategic Planning
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Finance for Economic Development
- Real Estate Development & Reuse
- (This section will be taught as part of the MEDA Summer Conference. Registration for the conference is included in your Course registration)
- Marketing & Business Attraction
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- Workforce Development
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Lofton Scholarships are available to MEDA members. Click here to learn how to apply for a Lofton Scholarship.
The exact course schedule is being finalized, but it will likely be 8:30 – 11am and then 2-5pm ET.
July 27 @ 8:30 am - July 31 @ 5:00 pm