MARYLAND CLEAN ENERGY SUMMIT SEEKS AWARD NOMINATIONS
– Nominations are now open for the 2014 Maryland Clean Energy Center Awards which celebrate leaders, partners advocates and overall championships in the clean energy space. The awards ceremony is held during the www.mcecsummit.org October 14-15, 2014 at the Marriott Inn & Conference Center in Hyattsville, Maryland. The 2014 Summit theme is, “The Energy Renaissance: Transforming the Customer Experience.” MCEC Awards Nominations are currently being accepted in the following categories:
Clean Energy Champion of the Year – An individual who demonstrated vision and proactive leadership to advance clean energy generation and adoption of energy efficiency practices, encouraged the success of the industry sector, and heightened or improved consumer awareness in support of the clean energy economy.
Legislative Leadership – Members of the Maryland General Assembly who have actively supported the Maryland Clean Energy Center’s legislative agenda and demonstrated leadership on policy initiatives to support job creation, demand-management practices and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in Maryland.
- Advocacy Award – An individual, group or organization that actively engaged in advancing and improving opportunities for business expansion, policy creation and work force development.
- Partnership Award – An individual, group or organization that has committed laudable resources to encourage the success of MCEC and its mission, or has facilitated successful partnerships among stakeholders in the state to advance the adoption of clean energy products, services or technologies, and energy efficiency practices.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – An individual or startup that brings new technologies, products or services to the market in Maryland through the Maryland Clean Energy Technology Incubator Network. The award places special focus on efforts that involve the development of new intellectual property, innovative business practices or integration of products or services.
- Capital Partner of the Year – An organization providing significant capital to clean energy or energy efficiency projects, or an investor who has helped bolster investment in a Maryland clean energy company.
- Next Generation Award – Leading youth in either Grades 6-12 or an undergraduate program who has made exceptional contributions to the promotion, awareness or adoption of clean energy in Maryland. See below.
- Bright Light Awards – Individuals or organizations that shine for their contribution to MCEC efforts to remove barriers to success in the clean energy sector. Those efforts may include: promoting the MCEC mission, bridging gaps between industry and policy, facilitating partnerships to advance adoption of clean energy, mobilizing grassroots initiatives, creating game-changing clean energy or energy efficiency initiatives, or serving as a clean energy educator.
- Special Appreciation – Individuals, groups or organizations that the MCEC Board would like to acknowledge for significant contributions to the success of MCEC.
To submit a nomination for the Maryland Clean Energy Center Awards, please e-mail a letter of support to email@example.com. The submission deadline is August 15, 2014. Early registration for the summit ends July 31, 2014. For more details on the summit or the nomination process, contact MCEC at 443-949-8505 or visit www.mecesummit.org