Greater Baltimore’s 2023 Leaders in Diversity Award Honorees Revealed
Baltimore Business Journal
This year, the BBJ selected 12 honorees after sourcing nominations from the public over a period of several months. An impressive group of 12 local executives have been named the Baltimore Business Journal’s 2023 Leaders in Diversity.
The annual award program seeks to recognize business and nonprofit leaders who are advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in their own workplaces, as well as the broader community. This year, the BBJ selected 12 honorees after sourcing nominations from the public over a period of several months.
In choosing the final list of honorees, the BBJ looked for people who have demonstrated a deep understanding of the value of inclusivity and its mission to support individuals across the spectrum of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disabilities.
To be eligible, nominees had to be based in either Baltimore City or Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Cecil, Carroll, Harford or Howard counties.
A list of the honorees is available below, but check back on June 9 for profiles of all 12 honorees. Coverage will be available in print and online.
The 2023 Leaders in Diversity will be honored at an in-person event on Thursday, June 8 at Martin’s Valley Mansion in Cockeysville, where the BBJ will also host a series of speakers.
At the event, Calvin Butler, President and CEO of Exelon Corp. will give a special keynote address and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield will participate in a fireside chat. There will also be a panel discussion with local business leaders including Michael Powell, Director of Community, Equity, and Inclusion, The Boys’ Latin School of Maryland; Kraig Long, Managing Partner, Nelson Mullins; Chrissy Thornton, President & CEO, Associated Black Charities; and Michael Gosse, President, Blind Industries & Services of Maryland.
Registration and more information about the event are available here: https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2023/04/10/leaders-in-diversity-award-baltimore-2023.html
Baltimore Business Journal’s 2023 Leaders in Diversity Award honorees:
- Sonia Alcántara-Antoine, CEO, Baltimore County Public Library
- Patricia Bradley, Vice President, Office of Inclusion and Institutional Equity, Towson University
- Bill Buckner, Director, Learning and Capacity Building, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Tracey Durant, Executive Director of Equity, Baltimore City Public Schools
- N. Gordon Knox, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Joshua Morris, Director of Training, Equity and Inclusion, HealthCare Access Maryland
- Dr. Sybil Pentsil, Chief Diversity & Health Equity Officer, LifeBridge Health, and Associate Program Director of the Pediatrics Residency Program at Sinai Hospital
- James Peterson Jr., Vice President, Small Business Ambassador, M&T Bank
- Francesco Porcarelli, Accountant, Seawall
- Daymanuel Sampson, Community and Citizenship Leader, Turner Construction Co.
- Lisa Walker, Chief Diversity and Learning Officer, GBMC HealthCare
- Vonda Wright, Vice President, Personnel Operations, L2 Defense Inc.