MEDA announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
BALTIMORE, Md. — On May 19, Maryland Economic Development Association (MEDA) members voted in a new board of directors for 2020-2021 during the 2020 MEDA Business Meeting. MEDA members who attended this virtual meeting also voted to induct new members into the Association.
“It’s truly an honor to continue to serve as president of an organization that makes such a major impact and aids communities in transforming lives through economic development,” said Heather Gramm, MEDA President. “With the help of my fellow board members and the members of MEDA, I’m looking forward to another successful year.”
The 2020-2021 board of directors are:
- Heather Gramm, CEcD, Senior Director, Strategic Industries & Entrepreneurship of the Maryland Department of Commerce, MEDA President
- Danny Thompson, Executive Director of the Somerset County Economic Development Commission, MEDA Vice President
- Richard Griffin, CEcD, AICP, Director of the City of Frederick Office of Economic Development, MEDA Secretary
- Steve Primosch, Vice President, Financial Services of the Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation, MEDA Treasurer
- Kim Clark, Executive Vice President of the Baltimore Development Corporation, MEDA Immediate Past President
- Gordon Knox, Partner of Duane Morris LLP, Awards Co-Chair
- John Wasilisin, CEO and Executive Director of Maryland$aves, Awards Co-Chair
- Lucas Cade, Senior Economic Development Advisorof FirstEnergy, Business Development Co-Chair
- Fabian Walters, Jr., Principal of Miles & Stockbridge, P.C., Business Development Co-Chair
- Ebony Stocks, Executive Vice President of Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation, Membership Co-Chair
- Renée Winsky, President and CEO of Leadership Maryland, Membership Co-Chair
- Trish Heidenreich, CEcD, Director of Economic Development of the Town of Bel Air, Professional Development Co-Chair
- Jamie Williams, CEcD, Director of Kent County Economic Development, Professional Development Co-Chair
- Denise Beaver, CEcD, Deputy Director of Carroll County Department of Economic Development, Program Development Co-Chair
- Kelly Robertson-Slagle, Director of the Calvert County Department of Economic Development, Program Development Co-Chair
- Andrea Mansfield, Lobbyist of Manis, Canning & Associates, Public Policy Awareness Co-Chair
- Rhonda Ray, Managing Director of Policy, Research and Government Affairs of the Maryland Department of Commerce, Public Policy Awareness Co-Chair
- Bob Brennan, Executive Director of MEDCO, Ex Officio Officer
- Allison Akers, Marketing and Outreach Manager of Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation, Ex Officio Officer
For more information about MEDA, or to become a corporate partner, visit www.medamd.com or call 410-347-1246.
MEDA is a nonprofit organization of economic development professionals. Established in 1961, MEDA members promote the economic well-being of Maryland by working to improve the state’s business climate and the professionalism of those in the field of economic development.
MEDA’s membership includes economic development practitioners employed by government, businesses, and chamber of commerce and other professionals with interest in the economy of Maryland. Through its regular meetings, special programs and projects, MEDA members address such diverse issues as local planning, workforce, transportation, international trade, tourism and finance.
MEDA members work diligently transforming lives by creating opportunities, inspiring innovation and enriching communities in Maryland. To learn more about MEDA, visit www.MEDAmd.com.