Maryland Mortgage Program Announces Annual Award Winners
NEW CARROLLTON, Md. (April 7, 2017) – Today, the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development hosted its annual Maryland Mortgage Program awards breakfast. The event honored the program’s top-performing lender and real estate partners in 2016. The department announced 13 awards in six categories, recognizing the awardees’ efforts to increase homeownership through the Maryland Mortgage Program.
“Creating and supporting strong partnerships between the department and our network of lender and real estate partners is vital to the continued success of the Maryland Mortgage Program,” Deputy Secretary Tony Reed said. “Today’s awards ceremony recognizes the valuable contributions of our top-performing partners and celebrates our shared commitment to helping Marylanders achieve the dream of homeownership.”
The award winners are:
Top Producing Lenders
- First Home Mortgage Corporation
- George Mason Mortgage
- PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
Rising Star Award
- Southern Trust Mortgage
Best Utilization of New Programs
- Presidential Mortgage for Best Utilization of the Maryland Pathway to Homeownership in Garrett County Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. for Best Utilization of the Maryland SmartBuy: Affordable Homeownership for Buyers with Student Debt
Staff Recognition Awards
- Karen Tolson, Loan Processor, First Home Mortgage Corporation
- Sandra Vogel, Processing Team Leader, Prosperity Home Mortgage
Top Loan Originator
- Eric Short, First Home Mortgage Corporation
In addition to the awards presentation and Maryland Mortgage Program updates from department leadership, attendees also received industry updates from US Bank, the Maryland Mortgage Brokers & Bankers Association, the Maryland Association of REALTORS®, and Live Baltimore.
The Maryland Mortgage program is the state’s flagship homeownership program, providing fixed-rate mortgages, primarily to first-time homebuyers, along with down payment and closing cost incentives. For more information, visit www.mmp.maryland.gov. For pictures, visit http://bit.ly/MMPLenderAwardsPhotos.
Director of Communications