TEDCO Selects Finalists for $300K Incubation Challenge at 7th Annual Entrepreneur Expo
Winners to Receive a Combined $300,000 to Bring Ideas to Market
Baltimore, Md. (October 20, 2017) – TEDCO today announced six finalists for its first-ever Incubator Challenge, a competition created to identify and reward the best ideas for supporting and growing technology companies in Maryland. The finalists will share their ideas with attendees of the 7th Annual Entrepreneur Expo and Stem Cell Symposium on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at the Hilton Baltimore.
The finalists for this year’s challenge are:
- TrajectoryNext, a collaboration among Betamore, UM Ventures, the Grid, Fast Forward, Johns Hopkins Tech Ventures, and University of Maryland, Baltimore
- A collaboration among Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (MTECH), Inncuvate Consulting, Bowie Business Innovation Center, Maryland Intellectual Property and Legal Resource Center, Prince George’s Community College, and Northrop Grumman
- FounderTrac, a collaboration among Launch! Annapolis, MCVC partners, Annapolis Ventures, and The Maryland Tech Council
- A collaboration between the Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center’s F³ Tech Program and Bethesda Green’s Be Green Hub
- Anchor Ventures, a collaboration among Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures, UM Ventures and the University System of Maryland
- The LaunchPort Accelerator, a collaboration between The MVR Company and The Quinn Group
Starting at 11 a.m., finalists will pitch their ideas and winners will be announced at 5 p.m. during the closing reception. John Wasilisin, President and COO of TEDCO, will announce the winners as part of his closing keynote.
“All of the applicants for the Incubation Challenge demonstrated a commitment to supporting the growth of Maryland’s start-up community,” said TEDCO CEO George Davis. “Innovation and creativity helped the finalists stand apart and we’re excited to recognize our winners and allocate $300,000 to fund their exciting ideas.”
The Expo promises to be an exciting day of celebrating Maryland’s technology community. Keynote speakers include Guy Filippeli, Founder and former CEO of RedOwl Analytics and Michael McDevitt Founder and CEO of Terra’s Kitchen. Other business and government leaders are planning to attend, including Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh and Maryland Department of Commerce Secretary Mike Gill.
For more information and tickets, please visit http://expo.tedco.md.
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) is more than an early stage funding resource. It is the hub of Maryland’s innovation ecosystem where we nurture entrepreneurship, support innovation, drive tech transfer and commercialization, and champion minority access. TEDCO invests in extraordinary entrepreneurs with unique technologies. We help to build great companies that stay and last in Maryland. For more information about TEDCO and its programs and resources, visit www.TEDCO.md.