President Wallace Loh, President Jay Perman to Announce National Security Partnership between UMD & UMB
GREENBELT, Md. — On Tuesday, September 13, University of Maryland, Baltimore President Jay Perman and University of Maryland, College Park President Wallace Loh, joined by University System of Maryland Chancellor Robert Caret, will participate in a “Whistle Stop” with national security experts and higher education officials to announce a strategic national security partnership between the two universities.
Officials will ride the MARC train and METRO to Greenbelt station to demonstrate the many transit options and convenience of the Greenbelt location. The event, hosted by Greenbelt Mayor Emmett V. Jordan, highlights the unique opportunity for the FBI Headquarters in Greenbelt, Maryland with access to world-class workforce from the entire region.
- Wallace Loh, President, University of Maryland, College Park (College Park Whistle Stop)
- Jay Perman, President, University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore Whistle Stop)
- Robert Caret, Chancellor, University System of Maryland (Baltimore Whistle Stop)
- Michael Busch, Speaker of the Maryland House of Delegates
- Emmett V. Jordan, Mayor of Greenbelt, Maryland
- Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor of Baltimore City
- Allan Kittleman, Howard County Executive
- Special Guests